Sunday, May 13, 2012

One Day, You'll Understand

OK, I get it. 

I'm not a mom yet (except to Jadoo of course). But I get it. 

I get why you wouldn't let me go see a PG-13 movie until I was actually 13. 
Movies like that will ruin a young child's innocence. 

I get why you wouldn't let me play in the drainage ditch on Lakeview Drive with my friends. 
There's probably more bacteria in that ditch than on a dirty kitchen towel. 

I get why you wanted me home by 10pm on a Saturday night.
Nothing good ever happens after that time anyway. 

I get why you got so upset if I didn't call to say I was going to be late. 
This world is a scary place and you never know what could have happened. 

I get why you always made me eat my vegetables.  
Some kids these days don't know the first thing about a well balanced diet.



There are so many things I didn't understand at the time. I would get mad an occasionally through tantrums for not getting my way. 
Occasionally. 
And now looking back I'm so grateful for all of it. 

You juggled three kids' school/homework/soccer/band/ballet/track/piano lessons/church schedules and put up with all of the shenanigans that went with it, and then somehow still had time in between to make extravagant homemade birthday cakes and sew us new outfits and brighten up the house with holiday decor, all while having a home cooked meal on the table every night and cookie dough ice cream in the freezer for dessert. 

Miracle Worker. 


Happy Mother's Day to the best mom in the world! 







No comments:

Post a Comment