Monday, April 2, 2012

I Love It When We're Cruisin' Together



Being a man is so easy.

Prateek was a groomsman on our dear friends Josh and Lisa's cruise wedding, and all he had to get were some khaki linen pants and a white button down shirt. I was a bridesmaid, and Lisa was sweet to let us pick our own blue dresses. Simple enough, right? But, I made it my mission to find the perfect blue dress. It was a search that continued from the time the blue-dress code was announced 6 months ago up until a week before I was to walk down the aisle.

 So, naturally, I lugged three different styles and shades of blue dresses with me down to the Port of Miami before we disembarked. It would be a tragedy if I chose the wrong dress for her big day.





Side note - Lisa was the most easy going bride I've ever known. We went to look at gowns late last year and she chose maybe the third or fourth one she put on. There was never a bridezilla moment and I never saw her get the slightest bit stressed out. Too bad I couldn't channel that aura and just pick a friggin blue dress and be done with it!

Prateek and I were in charge of getting her wedding dress, Josh's suit, and the Ketubah down to Miami in one piece for the wedding. Let's be honest, without us, they couldn't get married.
No pressure.

We made it safely with all the goods, and the wedding guests boarded the ship early for the ceremony. I finally picked what blue dress I wanted to wear (after the bride's approval!) and made my way to the upper deck. The wedding was simple, elegant, and absolutely perfect. The two of them are made for each other and Lisa looked like a Barbie doll!


After the ceremony we began the party cruise to Key West and Cozumel!



I'm convinced that cruise lines were made to fatten people up, Hansel and Gretel style. All I did was stuff my face the ENTIRE TIME. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, late night.
 Luckily Celebrity Cruises offer specialty fitness courses, so I signed up for a few spinning classes to sweat out maybe at least half of one of the meals I'd consumed.


There was a portion of my first ever blog post (here) where I stated the following:
"If I had the choice of going on a vacation to a tropical island oasis to lay at the beach all day, or going on a cross country hike through a rainforest, I wouldn't think twice and start shopping for hiking boots".

 Yea, I wasn't joking. 

While we were in Cozumel, most people went to the beach for the day.
Prateek and I signed up for the All Terain XRail Jade Caverns Adventure Tour.

We ventured out into the jungle on ATV/Dune Buggy/Off Roading vehicles and wound our way through a bumpy trail to a set of beautiful caverns, where we explored through stalactites and ooo'd and aaah'd at the hundreds of bats perched above. On the way back we hit up some mud puddles to complete our adventure.




 It was bumpy, dusty, muddy, hot, and amazing!

After eating and drinking and dancing and laughing and soaking up the sun for 4 days straight, it was finally back to the real world.....but not for long. 

Two days later, it was back to Miami for a music festival of epic proportions.
But, more on that later.

Congratulations Lisa and Josh, we're so proud to have been a part of your big day and wish you a lifetime of happiness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment