This is my fourth long-distance race (half marathon/marathon) and I'm starting to notice a trend...
Here are my top 10 ways you can tell that it's race week:
- You gain at least 3 pounds from carbo-loading.
- You have dreams about being mid race and getting lost on the course.
- You wake up every few hours in the middle of the night the entire week with your heart racing, because you think you've slept in and are late to the starting line.
- The marathon somehow comes up with every conversation you have with someone.
- People comment that they never realized how short you are, as you have replaced your collection of stilettos with flats.
- You drink so much water that you have to use the restroom every 15 minutes.
- You incessantly check the weather channel and memorize the race morning forecast hour-by-hour.
- You look over your training plan from the last 6 months and freak out that you didn't do enough _________ (fill in the blank with strength training, speed work, stretching, cross training).
- You swear that you're coming down with the flu if you so much as sneeze/cough, and purge your system with Vitamin C to avoid further sickness.
- You're more agitated than normal with everything in your life, and people are equally as agitated with you.
Now where did I put that Vitamin C.....